01 June 2010

Personal Style Profile

I finally made it to Grand Rapids! I was really blown away when I got here, what an amazing place! Frankie and I went out for drinks on Tuesday night at the JW Marriott and had a blast! Friday night we went back out to Cygnus 27 and then to 25 Kitchen and Bar. I consumed way too many drinks, but met tons of fabulous people! So far GR is treating us pretty well. 

Tuesday night I was feeling kind of cooped up in the apartment so I decided to go for a leisurely stroll. As I was walking towards Rosa Parks Circle...I faintly heard Lady Gaga's voice in the distance. Then, I turned the corner. WHAT. IS. THIS.

Dancing?! In the middle of the city?! Whoever organized this event is a genius. I had SO much fun watching you guys and girls shake your asses. While I was at it I stalked some stylish ladies...so be on the lookout for some GR Street Style coming soon! Here is what I wore dancing in the park:

I have been really inspired by retro 1940's style as of late, so I busted out the Vintage Fruit dress and my cat eye sunnies. Flip flops weren't the most stylish choice of footwear, but I am still hanging on to my California roots. 




Stay tuned for some Street Style from the event, as well as Boutique Critiques. I am also looking for a GR Style Icon for the month of June, so if you think you're particularly fashionable then let me know! (Don't be shy!) There may be a little something special in it for you...



No comments: